Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Top 3

I have had several friends (and many relatives) ask me recently when we plan on adding more children to our brood. This is something Dan and I have talked about, but only when he has absolutely forced me to talk about this subject. If it were up to Dan, I would have already given birth to our 2nd and would be pregnant with our 3rd. So here are my top 3 reasons why I am choosing to celebrate having only Noah in my life right now:

1) What a blessing I have in my sweet little boy! I am overcome with such delight in him day and night. I am dedicating myself to being completely satisfied with him right now because I will never have these "firsts" and alone time with my firstborn again. I am completely contented in Noah Beall being an only child... for the time being.

2) Has anyone noticed that I was completely overweight following the birth of Noah? That's right: I was fat. And I have reconciled myself to this fact. I gained 50 lbs with Noah Beall and it took me the entire first year of his life to shed it. I finally feel like ME again and I am enjoying my husband taking notice of the fact that under all that baby weight was the physically fit and much thinner wife he married!

3) Dan and I were taken by surprise a bit by my pregnancy. We had only been married just under 2 years and were still enjoying being newlyweds (apparantly too much!). So now that Noah sleeps anywhere from 12-14 hours a night and is back on a good napping schedule coupled with the guiltless pleasure we feel when we get a babysitter for a date night, there is no way I am giving that up just yet! We have so many things we now feel free to do now that Noah is getting to be a qualified toddler. We just booked our trip to Maui in June right before we move back to the Mainland, we are planning a trip for the two of us to travel to Ireland to sightsee and visit my family still there (Dan's not yet been and it has been far too long since my last trip), I am planning my annual girls' ski trip with my mom and Kelly for the January timeframe, and I am looking forward to Noah going to Mother's Day Out a few days a week starting in the fall when I begin working from home again as a professor for Troy's eCampus.

There. Now you know why I am not ready to add another baby to the Beall bunch. But not to worry: we will eventually get around to it! As Dan says regularly: "We are doing the world a disservice if we don't populate it with beautiful children such as Noah!"