
I am an avid reader. On my bedside right now, there are 8 books - yes, 8 - that I have started and I am juggling all of them at once. And behind those 8 are another 4-5 that I have ordered and they are just sitting quietly waiting their turn to be cracked open.
At any point, you will find me working my way through a book on the Holocaust and/or Nazi figures. I am currently reading (albeit slowly) "Explaining Hitler" by Ron Rosenbaum as well as "Auschwitz: A New History" by Laurence Rees. I am also a big fan of James Patterson's collection of the Women's Murder Club stories. And as I mentioned previously, I am reading "Raising the Strong-Willed Child: The New Edition" and "Bringing Up Boys" both by Dr. James Dobson. Whew! And obviously having a 1 year old prevents me from having adequate time in my day to read. Sad.
I had read a lot of reviews about the book "Everyone is Beautiful" by Katherine Center so I ordered it on Amazon.com. I haven't put it down yet. That book jumped into the front of the line and hasn't allowed me to read any of the other books that have been waiting for months and months for me to finish!
For all of you stay-at-home moms out there, READ IT. I promise it will make you feel so much better about your days, your body and your life in general. Sometimes, I feel so alone in my "career field" as a stay-at-home mom. So being able to read a fiction novel about someone who's life is much crazier than mine yet she's handling it with such humor makes my day. And for you ladies considering starting a family, READ IT. I promise you it will make you enjoy the mornings you can sleep in a bit later or the days you actually get to shower and put on make-up or go to the gym without having a little man hanging on your leg as you walk out of the door. This mom gives it 2 thumbs up!


No comments:
Post a Comment